New Zealand Hotels Figures H1 2023
New Zealand Hotel Market Overview
November 15, 2023 5 Minute Read
- International arrivals continue to recover following border openings in mid-2022 and are now 35% below 2019 levels.
- Nationwide occupancy rates are 63.6% for the 12 months to June 2023 and trending upward.
- ADR’s exceed 2019 levels across all major markets by between 8.6% and 30.1%.
- RevPAR’s in Wellington and Christchurch exceed 2019 levels driven by stronger occupancy recoveries
- Tourism expenditure on accommodation exceeds 2019 levels in Christchurch and Queenstown